Sunday, May 29, 2011

continuando...

so I´ll skip all of the other stuff becasue its going to come off really boring and I´m not completely sure I want to type that much... But lets just start off with my latest realization...So i know America is known for supersizing everything and over indulging, and i get that, i do. But I´ve come to realize that not only is the food supersized in U.S. but so are the people. and no, this is not a rant about obesity.. I¨m talking about myself. I am ungodly tall compared to this place.
I can honestly say that my host mom´s first conversation with me was ¨I´m so glad you found it....how tall are you??¨ I like my height but I´m not sure my knees and elbows can take much more of this constant beating. I´ve finally mastered getting around my room without knocking over things on the shelves but don´t even get me started on the shower. Anthing with in a elbows reach (aka everything in the shower) has no chance of survivng. Not even the shower curtain itself. Not to mention when i get out of the shower i cant help but bang my knees into the sink and my shins into the toliet as i dry off. I¨m an amazon giant but if that means i wont get robbed so be it.

I digress...today was the last day of oreintation, after a few hours and a coffee break of info about blah blah insurance blah blah robberay blah blah blah.. it was over and me and 7 other people went to a barrio named recoleta and found an awesome market where i want to buy everything and we also went to the cemetary that the town is known for. THere are thousands of bodies there with seriously the most insanely pimped out tombs i´ve ever seen. someone should film a zombie movie there. Next we got some lunch where i had my first empanada and then headed to my hood... My neighborhood is known for its nightlife and although it was 6 we decided to head over there and see what it was like.... we ended up finding this really cool bar that had stencil and grafitti on EVErYTHING it was awesome. we were the otnly ones in there and the bartender told us to go upstairs because there was a small exhibition from this artist.. So we went upstairs and saw some pretty cool art... but the best part was that we found the pathway to the roof where there was an old deserted bar with the same grafitti style itself. It would be cooler if i could put pictures on here but i think the coolest part was how unexpected that whole experience was. I definitely want to go back again with my camera.. and its really close so that pretty convienient. Next I came home and elda perpared me a lovely omelette and toast. Nothing like breakfast for dinner.

Tomorrow I have to get myself to some office but lucily i´m going with some girls who live close. Once again, we´ll see how this goes.

also cali, my head doesnt hurt that bad... except I don´t know if you can tell by the poor grammar in this blog but by the end of the day both languages give me a hard time. then again i have a speech impediment so what else is knew....

pues, chauuuuuuuu

^^por steph

2 comments:

  1. recoleta's awesome chels!! that's where heather and i went leather purse crazy...and got some ridic steak and wine dinner for like 10 bucks...i love reading this muchisimo. i'll probably say that every time. careful in the shower and try not to sit on elda.
    mucho amor. chauchis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. its tuesday night. you wrote this sun night....do you see what im saying? i need more updates! but seriously, i think im living through you.

    ReplyDelete