Saturday, May 28, 2011

Made it! 5-28-11

First off, whoever reads this (if anyone) feel free to fully judge me for blogging. I typically judge anyone who thinks people really want to hear their opinions, especially those that they only express when they are safe behind the comfort of their computer screen. This is not because I want people to know all about my amazing adventure in Argentina but I guess it´ll serve more as a way for me to document my time here, because as many of you know (and by many I mean the one person who will read this) I´m not a diary kind of girl. Sue me.
So where to begin....I´ve been here for two days. I flew from columbus to north carolina then north carolina to miami. In the flight from nc to miami I sat next to two girls names Marcia and Tatiana, we talked about a lot of things but mainly about relationships and they gave me their ideas of what kind of fun I should have in Argentina while calling me names like ¨baby¨and ¨sweetiepie¨...no joke.Also, Ace hood was on my flight, aka the rapper who sings Born and OG with Luda. He is huge. When i got to Miami I was the first person at the terminal for the group flight, which was fine but boring considering I had a five hour layover. Eventually around 40 people showed up and the small talk began. But it wasn´t usual annoying small talk, but normal talk where we all know we share a major common interest and we´re all equally excited and in some cases nervous. The flight was fine, I slept descent considering I was sitting completely upright. We got to Argentina at approx 6 in the morning and from there went straight through customs and each got hustled into our own individual taxi. The taxista was to take me to my house, there was just one problem.. the adress I was given literally did not exist.  He gave me a look of confusion and I´m pretty sure I just gave him a look of complete panic. Seeing my face he asked if htere was a number I could call. I had one but myhost mom, Elda, didn´t answer. We eventually called some lady who figured it out and Elda came and met me on the street. I was nervous about the first impression to being with but he gave me a huge hug and a kiss on the cheek so I was instantly at ease... at least until I actually had to speak to her.
That was a whole different thing in itself. Argentinians are known for their really thick accents and let me tell you, Elda fits the stereotype perfectamente. She doesn´t know a word of english and can speak faster than I can type, read, or run.....that was a joke, everyone knows I dont run fast. (I´m not sure humor translates over blog)... Well she showed me around the house and I showered then we ate lunch together. This is the first time we bonded. She told me about her family, two sons,  two grandsons, and she is divorciada. But her ex and her have a good relationship. Then she took me in her car to the first part of orientation, the welcoming dinner. I would comment more on that and the second day of orientation but i just got way too tired and have already lost interest in my own blog. I¨ll have more time tomorrow to write a bout (a) orientation dinner and Elda´s car getting towed (b) how I´m a giant compared to everyone else (c) my impromtu tango performance today... It´s been a long but fun day and tomorrow I have to find me way to a newish place using a bus. I´m starting to wonder if it´s worth the extra hour of walking distance rather than getting lost for an hour... probs nahh...

well that´s all for now... umm hasta manana?

wow i feel cheesy.

2 comments:

  1. AHHH! (im so pleased im your first follower) i just read that like 4 times. im so excited for you! ive only cried 3 times cause i miss you haha :) and im insanely jealous, i know you are busy but call me as soon as you can i NEED a real conversation about all this, i feel like im missing out on so much! como se siente tu mente? bueno k estes super feliz con tu madre nuevo y k escribas mas pronto! te echo de menos y te amoooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHELSEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA i second cali :) i've cried 4 times though. ;) i just "awwwwwwwwwwed" like 18 times and this made me so so so so happy to read! sorry i couldn't have told you sooner your address didn't exist...heather may have had some trouble finding it on googlemaps..perhaps that should have been a hint....anywhooo i'm so proud of you for divin in and having survived 3 days already! :)))) hope you're loving your mom's food and your head's not hurting too too much...it'll all get normal before you know it :) te extrano mi amiga y que todo te pase re re RE bien!!! te quiero mucho munequita ;))) <3

    ReplyDelete